Accounting Program Outcomes
Students are expected to learn the following within the Accounting program:
1. The Accounting Profession
2. Technical Accounting Skills
- Describe career opportunities in the accounting profession.
3. Financial Reports
- Use the steps in the accounting cycle and prepare financial statements from the general ledger (i.e., balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement, owner equity statement)
4. Financial Analysis
- Produce financial reports in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the International Financial and Reporting Standards (IFRS)
5. Accounting Applications
- Analyze, interpret, and summarize financial statements and apply Managerial Accounting in decision making, as defined by the Institute for Managerial Accountants (IMA), American Institute for Certified Public Accountant (AICPA), and scholarly research.
6. Critical and Ethical Thinking
- Use accounting software applications to record financial transactions and prepare financial statements in real-world settings.
- Apply advanced accounting concept sand theory by conducting research on accounting topics.
- Articulate and communicate advanced accounting information.
- Comply with accounting regulations.