American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
The American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) is the premier association of health information management (HIM) professionals. Serving 52 affiliated component state associations and more than 64,000 members. It is recognized as the leading source of "HIM knowledge," a respected authority for rigorous professional certification, and one of the industry's most active and influential advocates in Congress.
Founded in 1928 to improve health record quality, AHIMA has played a leadership role in the effective management of health data and medical records needed to deliver quality healthcare to the public. To ensure standards of excellence in health information management (HIM), AHIMA issues credentials in HIM, codingm and healthcare privacy and security. AHIMA credentials demonstrate that an HIM professional meets high standards for the management of patient health records.
Credentials offered by AHIMA:
* Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)
* Registered health Information Technician (RHIT)
* Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
* Certified Coding Specialist-Physician based (CCS-P)
* Certified Coding Associate (CCA)
* Certified in Healthcare Privacy and Security (CHPS)
* Certified Health Data Analyst (CHDA)