Certification Billing & Coding Specialist
BCCC's Test Center provides on-site testing for Billing and Coding Specialist Certification offered through the National Health Association (NHA). Test will be administered on the fourth Tuesday of each month except January, July, August and December. This certification exam is administered by paper and pencil.
Students must bring a valid photo ID and a registration confirmation from NHA. Late arrivals will not be seated.
Information about the cost and registration process through NHA can be obtained by calling 1-800-499-9092 or visiting their website at www.nhanow.com. If you have additional questions, please call the Test Center at 410-462-7666.
A Certified Billing and Coding Specialist’s main focus is on converting medical procedure, diagnosis, or symptom into specific codes for submitting a claim for reimbursement. As a CBCS, you may perform some of the following duties:
- Understand company claim policies
- Assign codes to each diagnosis and procedure
- Rely on information of disease processes
- Understand patient requests for an initial appointment
- Code patient medical records correctly to optimize reimbursement for medical services
Test results should be requested from NHA.