Tutoring is offered free of charge to all Baltimore City Community College students across the main subject areas of all levels of Writing, Math, Science, Accounting, Computer-Aided Drafting and Design (CADD), Fashion Design and Nursing.
Services are provided on the Liberty campus in the Main Building (MNB) and in the Life Sciences Building (LSB). Staff is available to answer your questions in MNB 117-B.
Our mission at the Center for Academic Achievement (CAA) is to provide high quality academic support to all Baltimore City Community College students. We are committed to preparing students to become independent learners who will succeed academically and achieve the skills necessary to compete in the collegiate setting.
The CAA encourages and promotes a culturally diverse and inclusive environment and helps to develop students' self-esteem, confidence, and persistence.
All CAA Tutoring Centers offer a positive learning environment: a place to study, do homework assignments, receive assistance and support, meet with study groups, and attend study skills workshops and academic review sessions.
What can you expect from tutoring?
- Professional and peer tutors who can act as coaches to facilitate your learning
- Guidance in identifying issues with assignments, skills, and learning styles
- Explanations for areas of confusion in the subject matter
- Support for developing independence as a writer
What are your responsibilities for tutoring?
- Preparation for the tutoring session
- A positive attitude
- An understanding that the work is your responsibility, not the tutor's
- Independent effort to complete the work
What tutoring cannot provide
- A tutor who will do or complete the work for you
- Help with every question and homework assignment
- A perfected final product
- A guaranteed grade
Tips for Students
- You do not need to schedule an appointment to receive tutoring. Simply show up with your assignment in hand.
- Try to prepare your questions and homework assignments in advance.
- CAA tutors adhere to the National Tutoring Association’s Code of Ethics.
- Plan your tutoring time. There may be a wait during peak hours.
- Tutoring schedules are subject to change and cancellations do happen. We try our best to post changes and cancellations promptly (check the bulletin board outside MNB 104), but please remember to check the CAA bulletin for the most current tutoring schedules and cancellations.
- If you have any other questions or concerns about our schedules, please don't hesitate to contact the Center staff.
English and Reading Center
Main Building, Room 104
Main Building, Room 102
Life Sciences Building, Room 250
Life Sciences Building, Room 302
Business, Accounting and Technology Lab
Main Building, Room 320
Main Building, Room 053 B
Tutoring is also available for students in the following programs: