Students are expected to learn the following within the Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) program:
The Design Process
- Use CADD to prepare architectural and facility management drawings.
- Produce civil and mechanical engineering drawings.
- Illustrate the design and analysis of engineering structures.
- Draw 2D and 3D objects using CADD.
- Identify drawing tools necessary to construct designs with speed and accuracy.
- Describe CADD terminology as it relates to engineering and architectural applications.
Scientific and Quantitative Reasoning
- Prepare research on CADD applications.
- Produce technical reports for CADD projects.
- Report research findings in class.
Problem Solving Skills
- Solve CADD drawing exercises.
- Define the theory and application of architecture.
- Recognize CADD drawing and editing commands.
- Prepare a project on a real-world design problem.
- Distinguish drafting and design techniques.
- Describe CADD model construction, editing, and display methods.